IT for Education
Be Outstanding: Empower Education with Innovative Cloud Computing for Schools
Your IT could be holding your learners back…
Technology has become so essential in modern education that it’s almost impossible to avoid, both in the classroom and behind the scenes. Yet many schools are still stuck with obsolete hardware and software that too often act as stumbling blocks on the path to exam success.
But at your fingertips now is a dependable, secure and easy to use platform that ensures your school can stop wasting energy battling with IT, and truly harness it instead to drive results that would make Ofsted happy.
That platform is the Microsoft Office 365 Cloud — now FREE for eligible schools.
There’s never been a better time to join the 1,000s of educators across the UK that have already made the move.
Office 365 – IT for Education that Makes the Grade
Microsoft Office 365 isn’t just the standard collection of applications like Word, Excel and Powerpoint that teachers and learners are used to.
It’s much more than that.
Microsoft Office 365 is a fully-featured, all-inclusive platform hosted by cloud technology.
This means that everything the user needs runs completely independently of your on-site hardware, so you can do away with the hassle and expense of keeping your own servers and enjoy an even faster, smoother user experience than before!
With Microsoft Office 365, all you need is a desktop or laptop with an internet connection and your teachers and students will have access to everything they need to aid their education.
And with free cloud storage through OneDrive, there’s never a need to carry around vital lesson plans and teaching materials on USB sticks; it’s all held in one easily accessible location and automatically synced for safekeeping.
By switching your school to the cloud, you can:
Avoid managing expensive hardware
Work at school, at home, or even when travelling
Enjoy free updates for life
Hot desk from any computer at school knowing your documents will be accessible
Give teachers the power to share information more efficiently – cloud technology offers the perfect collaboration experience
Get FREE full versions of Microsoft Office 365 for every student and faculty member for their own personal use at home
What does Microsoft Office 365 give you?
- Your complete suite of Office software in one place which is updated FREE for life
- A massive 50GB mailbox per user with NO need for in-house mail servers
- FREE HD video and voice conferencing with Skype for Business
- A financially-backed 99.9% uptime guarantee
- World-class data security provided by Microsoft
- A huge 1TB personal cloud storage per user so those important documents are always at hand
- Instant remote access to your workspace, wherever you are
- The latest Office applications FREE to all students and faculty for personal use
And with Clear Cloud, you can also…
Work smarter together with SharePoint Online
Using the power of the cloud, SharePoint Online gives your teachers and students their own shared storage and work environment. Clear Cloud can help you implement your very own school VLE. Faculty and student groups can work together on projects, efficiently edit documents, set up schedules and keep their work flowing, wherever they are.
SharePoint Online lets you:
- Securely access your documents remotely, from anywhere with an internet connection. There’s no need to carry around memory sticks or other storage devices and risk the loss of vital data
- Create a centralised announcements and news board for your teachers and staff to easily view
- Manage centralised school calendars for the entire establishment, or even individual departments and teams
- Keep centrally managed contact lists, so staff can easily get in touch with parents, suppliers and emergency contacts when they need to
- Empower your teachers to create their own virtual learning environments that meet the specific needs of their learners
- Create department level collaboration repositories, so teachers can share student profiles, source texts, lesson plans and more
Protect with next-generation Lightspeed web filtering
While it’s important to keep your students and staff protected from the darker side of the internet, it doesn’t pay to blindly block content that could be useful for learning, especially if doing so slows down your online performance. Lightspeed’s advanced filtering and superior connectivity takes care of that.
With Lightspeed’s award-winning web filtering, you can:
- Strike the perfect balance between security and learning with intelligent web filtering that keeps out the bad without restricting the good
- Use smart filters to target specific types of content, and set flexible custom profiles to restrict by age, group and other variables of your user base
- Filter across devices, desktop and mobile, for complete control of all content passing through your network, even on personal devices that aren’t owned by the school
- Produce reports quickly and easily so you can see all internet activity on the premises, and exactly where attempts are being made to beat the filter
- Join 1,000s of other schools in switching your slow, unreliable local authority connection for a faster, more stable internet experience and improved access speeds for your core cloud applications
Communicate and collaborate with hosted Skype for Business
With Skype for Business, your all-in-one communications platform, you get:
- Unlimited free UK landline calls eliminating the need for expensive telephony contracts
- Online voice calling from anywhere in the world with no extra charges; join over 70,000 classrooms worldwide on a virtual field trip!
- Instant video conferencing, screen sharing and text chat. Hold meetings, collaborate internally, and even run virtual parents’ evenings for those who couldn’t make it on the day!
- Direct sync with your Office Outlook calendar easily conference with up to 250 people straight from your contacts list, all without any additional third party charges
Clear Cloud: The smartest move for you and your students
From start to finish (and beyond!) of your technical transition, we’re with you every step of the way. As a Microsoft partner, and Microsoft Authorized Education Reseller, with over 20 years’ proven experience in the industry we know what it takes to build a reliable, flexible and safe education environment.
Your success, and the success of your learners, is everything to us. So you can expect our friendly team to treat you like family. To get to know every inch of your particular needs and create the most robust, cost-effective setup for YOU.
Because results matter. And we want to make it easier for you to get them.
Save up to 70% on your IT costs and enjoy a smooth transition powered by a Microsoft Authorized Education Reseller.
Expert consultation and guidance ensures that your exact needs are met. No unnecessary extras.
We’ll keep you up to date on the latest software versions as they arrive, along with regular tips, tricks and advice so staff and students always get the most from the technology at hand. Got a question? Just ask!
What people say about Clear Cloud
Clear Cloud Services have been an invaluable support to The Audience Agency. Not only do they have the ability to quickly analyse the situation, but they have the expertise and knowledge to provide a suitable and cost-effective solution. One of their main assets is that they combine what is best for the organisation with what is best for the user, and for us this has meant that our systems have improved, at the same time as the user experience. I can’t recommend Clear Cloud highly enough; anyone using their services will not be disappointed with their choice of IT partner.
After suffering numerous email problems and slow internet brokered through the local authority, we turned to Clear Cloud for advice. They helped us migrate to Office 365 which has provided the school with a reliable email service at no cost. The new broadband connection and web filtering has improved the connection speed and given us more control over the content available to our staff and pupils
Make your IT work for you… and give your staff and learners the greatest chance of coming out on top.
Book a demo with us now, and in a 10 minute live conference or on-site visit we can show you first-hand how easy it is to take education to the next level through the power of the Microsoft Cloud.
There’s no cost, and no obligation.
or call us on 0800 471 4892 for more details